Melanoma Know More’s School & Youth Educational Awareness Program is designed to promote organizational mission to reduce the impact of melanoma through awareness and educational efforts.
The program features educational talks that are age-appropriate for elementary, middle and high school students. The talks are presented by staff and volunteers from Melanoma Know More and can be done class by class for an entire school day, or as presentation to a large group of students. The program also features Melanoma Know More’s No Tanning Promise, which is an initiative that encourages students and individuals in the community to make a “promise” to not tan at a tanning salon or outside in the sun. Schools can utilize the No Tanning Promise as a way to encourage students to not tan before prom or other school sponsored dances.
Due to the impact COVID-19 has had on the 2020-2021 school year and our inability to go into schools and provide outreach, we are simplifying the program and putting some of the information online. See details below:
- Click here for a fact sheet that can easily be shared with students.
- View a great video titled, “Dear 16 Year Old Me,” provided by the David Cornfield Melanoma Fund.
- Click here to view a short video from a patient volunteer as she talks about her melanoma diagnosis.
- What is Melanoma
- Types of Melanoma
- ABCDE’s of Melanoma
- Prevention and Risk Factors
- The Truth about Tanning
- Take the No Tanning Promise stating you will not use a tanning bed or intentionally tan outside
- Click here to take a Skin Cancer Quiz
If you or your school would like additional information about Melanoma Know More’s School & Youth Educational Awareness Program, please fill out the form below: