OVERVIEW: Melanoma Know More (MKM), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Cincinnati, Ohio, has a mission to reduce the impact of melanoma in our community through awareness, education, support of medical research, and assistance to persons affected by melanoma. Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States, and melanoma is by far the most aggressive and deadly, accounting for nearly 80% of all skin cancer-related deaths. Our work is even more critical now that the incidence rate of melanoma is increasing faster than any other type of cancer.
Melanoma Know More is in search for its next Executive Director, an exciting opportunity for the right candidate with a growth mindset to lead our committed, mission-driven organization. The Executive Director is responsible for leading and managing key efforts for MKM including planning, fundraising, community engagement, operations and support for the Board of Directors (Board). This is a full-time position which is hired by and accountable to the Board through its elected Board President.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead the fundraising plan and oversee fundraising efforts with Board support.
- Oversee and coordinate live/virtual fundraising events; manage annual giving campaign; cultivate major gifts.
- Cultivate relationships with potential donors, corporate sponsors, and other supporters to solicit funds and in-kind donations.
- Prepare and submit grant applications for funding proposals as appropriate in a timely fashion.
- Recommend short- and long-range planning goals and objectives.
- Oversee the operations of MKM to ensure all work supports the mission, strategic plans, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and oversee annual budgets, all programs, services, and events to ensure that objectives are met.
- Lead community engagement efforts; attend networking and community meetings; serve as chief spokesperson for MKM and interface with the community through events, our website, social media and other forums.
- Coordinate and plan Board meetings; help recruit new Board members and oversee committees; partner with Board President to set agendas and meeting needs.
- Implement and oversee a process for identifying volunteer needs, recruitment, orientation, and utilization of volunteer support at various events and screening clinics.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate leadership, relationship management and fundraising experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 5+ years of experience with a strong knowledge of nonprofit management, fundraising, marketing/sales, Board management, and community engagement/networking.
- A medical/health background would be helpful
- Ability to show passion for the MKM mission, a positive and a self-directed mindset
- Experience in database management, digital/social media communication/campaigns, online fundraising, event management
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, Microsoft Office, GiftWorks (or something similar), QuickBooks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Position will require flexibility: the Executive Director will need to work from our office in Blue Ash on occasion; attend in-person meetings and events that may require working after hours and weekends as needed.
Submit an electronic copy of a cover letter indicating your salary expectations and resume to the Melanoma Know More Executive Committee, c/o Matt Fearn, Board President: firstname.lastname@example.org