Position on Tanning
Our Position on Tanning:
Melanoma Know More Opposes Indoor Tanning. Period.
It’s that simple.
We join with the
- American Association of Dermatology
- American Association of Pediatrics
- American Cancer Society
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Association
- Dermatology Nurses’ Association
- National Psoriasis Foundation
- World Health Organization
These organizations universally support
- legistlation to prohibit the use of indoor tanning equipment by anyone under the age of 18.
- education programs to inform the public of the dangers of tanning establishments.
- requirements for signage on tanning devises concerning the hazards of UVA radiation.
We hope you will join us in opposing tanning by making the promise to not tan. Sign Melanoma Know More’s No Tanning Promise and commit to not intentionally lay out in the sun or use tanning beds. When you make this promise, you understand that by getting a tan you put yourself at risk for developing melanoma, which can be fatal if not diagnosed early.